CALL FOR PAPERS
AGMA 2015 Fall Technical Meeting
October 18-20, 2015
The AGMA 2015 Fall Technical Meeting (FTM) will be held immediately before GEAR EXPO 2015 in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
Each year the Fall Technical Meeting (FTM) provides an outstanding opportunity to share ideas with others in the gear industry on design, analysis, manufacturing and application of gears, gear drives and related products, as well as associated processes and procedures. Authors have the opportunity to present the results of their work to an audience of knowledgeable professionals from the United States and around the world, and to participate in discussions with that audience. Papers should be original to the AGMA audience (not previously published paper), technically accurate, relevant, and free of commercialism.
While all abstracts will be considered, papers on the following topics would be of considerable interest:
- Gear applications
- Failure modes
- Manufacturing techniques
- Inspection and gear quality
- Surface finishing
- Heat treatment
- Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words, and submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- AGMA will only accept abstract submissions via the online service. We will not accept submissions via email or fax.
- Abstracts should be original to the AGMA audience. We will not accept a previously published paper.
- Abstracts should be technically accurate, relevant, and free of commercialism.
- Abstracts must be in English (the FTM is held in English only).
- Do not send supplemental material (photos, articles or full draft papers). Supplemental materials will not be seen by the reviewers.
- Authors must have approval to use any copyrighted or trademarked terms, images or graphics in their papers.
Only the primary/submitting author will receive an e-mail message confirming the receipt of the abstract. Please notify your co-authors that the confirmation was received.
- January 15, 2015: All abstracts must be received by AGMA
- February 6, 2015: Authors notified of acceptance
Abstracts selected to participate in the 2015 FTM will be held to the following schedule:
- May 8, 2015: First draft of paper due
- July 10, 2015: Review comments returned to authors for preparation of final draft
- September 1, 2015: Final draft of paper due
- September 18, 2015: PowerPoint presentations due
- October 18-20, 2015: Presentations given during 2015 FTM
Complete instructions for speaker and paper presentation will be provided upon notification of a abstract’s acceptance.
All Fall Technical Meeting questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 703.684.0211.
There is a limit of 1 Started/Incomplete submissions allowed at one time. When you complete an incomplete submission, you will be allowed to begin a new submission.
Please note that the deadline to begin a new submission is 1/15/2015 11:59 PM EST.