Location: Lafayette, IN
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world’s original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Responsible for programming and troubleshooting control systems for industrial equipment and other automation projects, particularly PLCs, HMIs and servo systems primarily on 2nd shift and/or others shifts as required. This position will maintain electrical schematics, panel layouts, and bills of materials for machine control systems. This position will provide direction to Skilled Electrical Trades Personnel on 3 shifts. Will provide electrical/controls leadership and technical troubleshooting skills for critical manufacturing equipment.
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Plan and coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised product lines, equipment and support the APQP process.
- Participate in improvement projects regarding Automated Systems identifying and resolving problems. Establish guidelines for the integration of PLCs, HMI’s, etc. Assist in solving operational problems and identify areas for improvement; document history/metrics of improvements.
- Coordinate the training of employees specific to their interaction with our automated systems and assets. Oversee and track recurring/refresher training as needed/scheduled.
- Monitors and continually improves safety, quality, process and productivity within assigned areas.
- Additional Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities as necessary to support operations.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends as required.
- Additional tasks as identified by manager.
- High level knowledge of control systems including PLCs, robots, visions systems, sensors, and electrical schematic design.
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing concepts and methods to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, servo and mechanical equipment.
- Proficiency in Software, CAD or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in read blueprints.
- Ability to understand an apply Geometric Tolerances.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be willing to learn latest technologies and act as mentor to other associates.
- A take-charge team player with the ability to foster enthusiasm within the organization.
- Experience in project management, parts procurement, or quality control is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Associates degree in engineering or equivalent on the job training.
Dana is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.