Both the operator and designer must consider gear tribology. In this second part of our series, the focus will be placed on lubrication.
After attending Part II, students will be able to:
- Identify factors to avoid gear failures
- Have a deeper understanding of Elastohydrodynamic (EP) Lubrication
- Identify the differences between primary and secondary modes of failure
- Describe how the choice of lubricant affects the life of the gear unit
- Explain the effects of EP additives
Speakers: John B. Amendola, John B. Amendola III, and Dereck Yatzook