Summary: Be a technical expert for NORD employees and customers on NORD products and applications. Execute projects to improve product accuracy, dissemination of knowledge and assist in product sales effort as required. Assist Product Manager in management of motor product portfolio and an understanding of concepts and regulations in the motor industry. Work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements. Serve as the internal and external specialist for the motor product offering, including working with the sales channel and customers
- Assist customer service, sales and customers in proper selection, use, and maintenance of NORD Products.
- Complete assigned projects on
- Implementing proper control documentation and procedures to assure product is correctly manufactured, assembled, selected, and tailored (i.e. modified) for specific applications.
- Modifying product to tailor it to specific applications.
- Documenting product information for use by customer service, sales force, and customers.
- Prepare or assist in materials for training on Nord products or German generic technical topics on Nord products.
- Review/design/calculate complicated applications or product modifications.
- Travel with Salesmen helping with technical presentations/discussions.
- Represent NORD’s interest in industry associations like NEMA
- Follow and try to influence US laws and regulations related to motors
- Train the organization on motors and motor concepts
- Identify market trends and analyze competitors (portfolio, strength and weaknesses)
- Identify markets and applications with growth potential
- Support the NORD global strategy team to develop product concepts with strong value propositions with clear link to company and product strategy
- Aid all NORD employees in selecting and applying motors/gearmotors
- 10 years of similar experience (OR) Two-year Mechanical/Electrical technical degree with 4 years of similar experience (OR) 4 year degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and applicable motor industry experience
- Understanding of industrial electric motor from an engineering/applications standpoint
- Understanding of electric motor and their core construction features
- Ability to learn basic inverter programming
- Knowledge of industrial wiring
- Work well with customers in a friendly manner
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in writing and verbally
- The ability to travel without restriction
All interested applicants should visit: www.nord.com