The Applications Engineer – Cylindrical Gearing will technically support our line of cylindrical gear grinding machines. The applications engineer will work closely with the sales department to check feasibility, do case and cycle time studies, production studies as well as conduct gear grinding tests and demonstrations to customers. An important task of the engineer will be to support and educate our customers to use our equipment to their full potential. He will develop optimal processes and hardware recommendations to improve quality and productivity.
This is a full time, salary position.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Professionally represent Klingelnberg and its products to customers
- Provide technical support and engineering assistance for our line gear hobbing and grinding machines
- Perform gear design and gear geometry calculations and optimizations.
- Assist the sales department with feasibility, case studies, cycle time calculations and production studies.
- Demonstrate the products to customers with machine trials
- Train the customer’s engineers and operators about the theory, manufacturing and inspection technologies of gearing as well as equipment functions and operation.
- Troubleshoot and solve numerous mechanical, technical, equipment and process related problems that customers are experiencing (quality, cycle time, etc).
- Prepare technical documentation and reports on equipment status, software functions, operational procedures and process optimization;
- Supervise customer-specific acceptance protocols for new equipment delivery;
- Conduct diverse studies: Process capability studies, Gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies, tool life studies and correlation studies.
- Customer support via contact in person and via phone and e-mail.
- Work in close collaboration with the sales and service departments.
- Interest (and ideally experience) with cylindrical gear grinding technology
- Advanced technical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Customer and service oriented understanding
- Ability to work systematically and independently
- Proficient with MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Willingness to travel within the US and Canada (up to 50%)
- The position will likely involve training at the OEM in Germany and therefore will require a valid passport.
- Good knowledge in verbal and written technical English are required, a second language is a plus
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BS or MS) preferred
- Exposure to manufacturing and inspection of gear components
- experience in presenting and conducting trainings preferred
- Experience handling CNC machines
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- An exciting job with a dedicated and experienced team
- Opportunity for growth
The Klingelnberg Group is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of machines for bevel gear and cylindrical gear production, measuring centers for gearing and axially symmetrical components as well as customized high-precision gear components. The Company's products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Klingelnberg America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.