The Applications Engineer – Metrology will technically support customers using Klingelnberg Coordinate Measuring (CMM) machines. The engineer will support the sales and service department to demonstrate & promote our measuring capabilities and help troubleshoot issues. To penetrate new markets, the engineer will identify requirements to enable new measuring capabilities and work closely with the development team in Germany to realize them.
This is a full time, salary position.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support Klingelnberg customers in the field of measuring technologies
- Demonstrates our measuring capabilities to existing and potential customers
- Identify requirements and specifications for new development and measuring capabilities
- Development of new measuring applications and procedures in close cooperation with the software design team
- Testing and validation studies of new development and/or special measuring applications
- Prepare reports, presentations and technical documentation on equipment and software functions such as instructions and operational procedures
- Process customer’s technical inquiries
- Train customers and service personnel to program and use Klingelnberg measuring machines
- Work in close collaboration with both sales and service departments.
- Keen interest (and ideally experience) in coordinate (CMM) and gear measuring technologies
- Communication and teamwork skills with service mentality and enjoyment of direct contact with customers
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T) specifications
- High degree of initiative, dynamic, motivated and confident appearance
- Attention to details
- Willingness to travel within the US and Canada and occasionally to Germany (to our parent company)
- Proficient with MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good knowledge in verbal and written technical English are required, a second language is a plus
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BS or MS) preferred
- Exposure to manufacturing and inspection of gear components
- Background in Metrology
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- An exciting job with a dedicated and experienced team
- Opportunity for growth
The Klingelnberg Group is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of machines for bevel gear and cylindrical gear production, measuring centers for gearing and axially symmetrical components as well as customized high-precision gear components. The Company's products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Klingelnberg America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.