Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
This position will work second shift, hours are 5 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Actively participate in safety program to ensure the continued success of the program – maintain knowledge of process through training, perform scheduled observations, and provide quality feedback in order to promote safer work behaviors and conditions.
- Prior to loading part, identify forgings, material type, and verify blueprint and dimensions. Read and understand entire part routing. Visually inspect, layout and prepare materials as required. Examine material visually for flaws, defects and clean-up.
- Select, load and verify existing program to ensure safe and productive machining- edit if necessary, notifying Supervisor or Group Leader of changes.
- Set up equipment, install tools and fixtures.
- Load material into machine utilizing overhead crane and secure to ensure safe machining on forgings that can exceed 100,000 lbs using various lifting apparatus.
- Calculate chain and strap adjustments to ensure the safe lifting and transporting of parts.
- Run production, monitoring the machining process, check parts throughout run making necessary adjustments to conform to specifications. Select tools based on process and various materials.
- Monitor entire run, due to unique forgings, when using edited or new program to ensure safe run conditions and quality specifications are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math and computer skills
- Prior machining experience
- Experience with common inspection tools (calipers, tape measure, etc)
- Blueprint reading
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 65 lbs
- Shoveling of chips/swarf
- Varying temperatures in summer and winter
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.) pre-employment.
- Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource… the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long term disabililty
- Tuition Reimbursement
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: