8th June 2018
Curvic Coupling Machinist
· Job #1238-614
Set up and operate CNC Curvic Grinding machines to produce precision parts and/or instruments by applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures. Perform machine PM and lubrication as required. Show a high degree of dedication towards meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations as well as business unit and company goals. The applicant needs to have a willingness to learn the skills necessary to become proficient in the manufacturing of Curvic Couplings.
Machine Tools Include:
· CURVICâ Coupling Grinding to .00005” tolerance
· CNC Multi-axis Gear Machines to .00001” tolerance
Job Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must be able to work with high price customer components and work with tolerances down to .00005”.
· The applicant will be expected to maintain neat and orderly inspection/certification records for supplying to end customer.
· Has a broad knowledge of various metals that enables the Machinist to produce the desired finish on each material.
· Understand machine controls and make necessary manual inputs to insure accurate dimensional tolerances are achieved.
· Advanced knowledge of trade mathematics including plane geometry and the use of trigonometric functions and machinist handbook formulas.
· Establish needed dimensions such as those required for chasing threads or machining angular surfaces; locating and marking surfaces and angles to be machined, locating reference points, or performing other layout work necessary to facilitate accurate job setups on CNC machine tools.
· Expertise in using many types of advanced precision instruments and equipment such as vernier calipers, height gages, squares, protractors, inside, outside and depth micrometers, surface gages, v-blocks, parallel bars, gage blocks, dial indicators, optical and mechanical comparators, ring, bore, plug, and go/no-go thread gages to attain accurate dimensions and maintain tolerances.
All Machinists are required to:
· Have basic computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
· Meet daily/weekly production targets.
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and practices
· Follow all department processes/procedures through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
· Work cooperatively with all team members.
· Multi-task and engage in work related activities to maximize productivity.
· Be willing to learn and participate in operations and development of equipment within the cell.
· Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and 5-S projects to support improved operations and cost reduction.
· Participate in activities related to improvement in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) by contributing ideas to reduce scrap and rework.
· Willingness to work overtime and different shifts as needed to meet productivity requirements and customer expectations.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Associate’s degree in Advance Manufacturing/Machining desired
· Basic computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
Visit our careers page at www.Gleason.com to apply:
· Job #1238-614 Curvic Coupling Machinist