Design Engineer II
This technical position is responsible for developing solutions to customer needs as part of the Gearing Technology Team within Regal Power Transmission Solutions. The role requires regular interfacing with both OEMs and System Integrators as a subject matter expert for Regal gearing products and their application. The selected candidate will support multiple PTS Gearing brands, and must have regular accessibility to both the Clinton, WI and Union Grove, WI facilities.
- Interact with Sales team to translate customer requirements into product designs.
- Manage a wide range of technical customer interactions.
- Design (concept through production) and redesign of standard, custom, and modified mechanical power transmission products in an application environment utilizing 3-D design methods (Solidworks).
- Effectively convey design goals and requirements while guiding both remote and local design and drafting teams.
- Analyze customer requirements by use of such tools as FEA, gear and bearing design, and other related engineering calculations.
- Direct and coordinate detailed component and assembly specifications and the construction and testing of prototype products.
- 3+ years related experience in design or manufacturing environment
- Customer-related technical experience
- Solid understanding of design engineering principles and practices
- Professional, high-energy, with good communication skills
- Digitization and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of design tools and methods
- Team-oriented and able to support multiple projects of varying size
- Electric motor and/or VFD experience
- Gearing design experience
- Technical skills related to mechanical/electrical engineering and/or power electronics
To apply visit: http://www.regalbeloit.com/who-we-are/careers/