25th August 2017
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage. Triumph Geared Solutions located in Park City UT seeks a MRB Design Engineer
· Interact with manufacturing operations, quality assurance, and supply chain personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and/or design improvements.
· Evaluates field related wear/damage and generates repair/rework instructions that will produce serviceable components.
· Analytical knowledge of Reliability and FEA
· Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
· Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
· Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; assembly, and installation processes.
· Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
· Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Must have MRB and ANSI experience.
· Must have gear or gear box experience in Aerospace or Automotive industry.
· 5-10 years of experience as a Sustaining Design Engineer in Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing.
· Must be able to present technical information and conduct equipment maintenance,
· Must have Analysis, Design Skills, Stress Analysis, Technical Writing and Strong GD&T skills,
· Proficiency in MSOffice Proficiency in Computer Aided Design - Pro-E / Creo (Preferred) or CATIA V5 – 2000 hrs minimum,
· Personal integrity willing to make decisions and stand by that decision.
· Technical skills to research and write technical reports.
· Evaluates and can read and interpret mechanical blue prints applying geometric tolerances.
· Thorough understanding of how to apply strength of materials, static and dynamics relating to gearboxes and actuators.
· Understands how to conduct tolerance study on mechanical actuators and gearboxes.
· Project management/time management skills a plus
· AGMA experience a plus
· Self-starter with mechanical skills relating to gear driven equipment.
Apply to: https://jobs-triumphgroup.icims.com