25th August 2017
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage. Triumph Geared Solutions located in Park City, UT seeks a Design Engineer.
· Other applications include power generation gearboxes and winch drives.
· Position requires expertise and experience in design of rotating equipment including bearing analysis (A.B.Jones), spur and bevel gear design and analysis (AGMA), aluminum castings and lubrication and cooling systems.
· Minimum of 2000 hours experience with Pro/E\Creo (Pro/E\Creo preferred) or CATIA is necessary.
· Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a requirement.
· Experience in mechanical system integration and development.
· Analytical knowledge of Reliability, FEA, Nastran and Six Sigma are desirable.
· Familiarity with formal Qualification Standards such as DO160, MIL-STD-810 or EUROCAE ED-14 is desirable.
· Job function requires timely preparation of all associated engineering documentation including but not limited to Project Plans,
· Test Plans and Engineering Changes.
· Strong electromechanical interface and application knowledge with demonstrated experience in meeting customer schedules, manufacturability and cost goal expectations.
· This person must be able to work effectively in a team environment and maintain flexibility to take on tasks outside their direct responsibility.
· Proven technical innovation and effective project management skills are desirable.
· If not already qualified, candidate is expected to advance into Project Engineering position within two years. Recent experience at Gear Systems is a plus.
· B.S. Mechanical Engineering from accredited college
· Must have experience designing gears and bearings.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
· Proficiency in written and verbal communication
· 5 years’ experience in gear industry: aerospace, marine or power shift transmissions
· Demonstrated ability to manage and support Project Engineering and Project Schedules
To Apply: https://jobs-triumphgroup.icims.com