Sumitomo Mach. Corp. of America, a rapidly growing, international company in the manufacture of industrial power transmission equipment is seeking a candidate for the position of Designer III- Motion Control- Chesapeake, VA
Purpose and Scope of Job:
Primarily responsible for the preperation and review of general arrangement drawings to document customer orders.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide sales order support with general arrangement drawings.
- Provide detailed design support of product components and accessories.
- Review detailed drawings.
- Maintain engineering schedule.
- Review prepared general arrangement drawings to document customer orders.
- Prepare detailed design drawings to support order requirements and meet design schedules.
- Perform detailed mechanical design to support product components and accessories.
- Check BOM to support customer orders.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Design, or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of experience as a designer, mechanical drafter, and/or electrical.
- Five (5) years of experience in industrial automation, servo systems, and/or motion control.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor.
Accepting applications until position is filled. To apply, please visit the Sumitomo Machinery Corp. of America Contact Us- Careers page at https://www.sumitomodrive.com/ or send your resume to email@example.com