Summary: Perform detailing tasks to complete proposals, gearbox orders, Engineering changes, and redesign efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide accurate and timely drawings of assigned components and gear box designs according to established company and industry standards.
- Utilize industry and company standards to determine dimensions and tolerancing.
- Manage design and detail activities so that the project is completed within the specified amount of time, with the minimum amount of new drawings, parts and geometries created.
- Actively participate in, and lead, drawing and design reviews with engineering, manufacturing and the shop.
- Perform engineering calculations to satisfy design, customer and engineering requirements. Examples of these types of calculations are stack-ups, fit analysis, and bill-of-material.
- Collaborate with external customers and sales, engineering and manufacturing teams to understand customer and system requirements.
- Record the actual time spent on each job or project.
- Participate in additional training if deemed necessary to meet current requirements of performance.
- Participate in team meetings
- Prepare engineering documents as required.
- Fill out bills of materials and enter the BOM data into the computer.
- Answer technical questions from all sources about designs, both current and those that have been previously completed.
- Create, execute and file engineering change notices as needed.
- Check designs of others for mistakes and completeness.
- Train, instruct or otherwise share information with those individuals that are lacking specific knowledge needed to satisfactorily perform their job.
- Interact with customers for problem solving and technical presentations
- Attend industry related trade shows, seminars or conferences
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Less than 10% travel is expected.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical degree (Bachelors level preferred) in mechanical/industrial engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Formal CAD training at a 3D level helpful, preferably Creo
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and power transmission products and applications
- Knowledge of ERP systems, in particular the JobBOSS system
- Strong computer skills, namely with Microsoft Office; TK Solver, gear design and analysis software
- Formal or practical training in blueprint reading and the use of geometric tolerancing
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Solid problem analysis and resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Interested candidates should email their current resume to Kelly Garcia email@example.com