Job Title: Estimator/ Planner Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
Location: The Horsburgh & Scott Co. Reports To: Director of Estimating
Sourcing and Operational Planning
Estimates total cost for gearing and gear drive components including all routed operations on manufactured items and/or purchasing items.
- Analyze and compile data on each factor that may have an influence on costs.
- Prepare cost estimates based on customer project specifications and Application Engineering data and create items, budgets and Bill of Materials in an MRP/ERP software program.
- Methodize the job and apply proper fabricating times.
- Work closely with sourcing and manufacturing to resolve daily/weekly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Advanced degree in manufacturing or similar technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Energetic, self-directed individual capable of functioning in a fast paced, high expectation environment.
- Willing to learn gear and gear drive manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software, notably Excel.
- Experience with MRP/ERP software, preferably BaaN, to include creating and maintaining items, routing for manufactured items, project budgets and Bills of Material.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing and machining.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Can work well in team environment including members of the application engineering production engineering and manufacturing team.
Interested applicants should Email: HR@horsburgh-scott.com.