31st October 2017
Position: Gear Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Division / Location: New Hamburg, Gear Div.
Start Date: when possible
This position fills a principal role in the design, development, and manufacturing of gears, transmissions, and other products produced at ODG. This position is intended as a senior level opportunity for someone with substantial industry experience.
· University degree in mechanical engineering; college diploma in mechanical technology; or equivalent combination of training and experience
Design and Program Management
· Manage new projects from initial start-up to successful launch on the shop floor using ODG’s business management system and tools.
· Work with customers to develop designs for new products and implement improvements to existing products.
· Complete detailed calculations for gears, gear trains, housings, bearings, etc. as required for new product designs using relevant software tools as needed.
· Specify heat treatment and other processes to achieve the desired performance characteristics for gears, shafts, and products.
· Performs testing of alternative processes and materials, implement improvements when identified.
· Researches projects, define needs, develop project plans, locate resources, and propose budgets and schedules for the development of new products and processes.
· Create and edit BOM and routing entries in ERP.
· Design fixtures and tooling required for production equipment in AutoDesk Inventor.
· Create and maintain shop floor documentation such as set-up sheets, tool lists, inspection logs, etc.
· Participate in cycle time and set-up time reduction activities.
· Apply methods of gear measurement and analysis.
· Trouble shoot problems and issue on the shop floor in conjunction with the quality and production teams. Assist with scrap reduction initiatives.
· Develops cycle time estimates and other necessary information for quoting new products.
Key Competencies: (Examples)
Integrity and Accountability Motivation & Empowerment Developing Talent
Building Alignment Driving Results Teambuilding
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.