5th April 2018
Your KEY to an Opportunity...
Position: Gear Engineering Technical Specialist
Reports to: Director – Global Gear Engineering
Location: Maumee, Ohio Corporate Office and Technical Center
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 23,000 people in 25 countries on six continents. In 2014, Dana generated sales of $6.6 billion. For more information, please visit dana.com.
This position is responsible for the engineering of bevel, hypoid, differential, parallel axis gears and splines. In addition, this position will be responsible for establishing and specifying gear design and development requirements, quality levels, performance levels, and program scheduling. Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Research and develop new methods, processes, and procedures to be used in the gear design, analysis, development, and manufacturing arenas.
· Develop and set standards for gear design and manufacturing.
· Participate in determining SBOE, creating design masters, DFMEAS, PFMEAS, and control plans.
· Design bevel gears, parallel axis gears, and splines to meet customer requirements and performance goals in accordance with internal design processes.
· Lead and manage complex projects in all aspects of the gear process.
· Issue orders for prototype development programs.
· Manage development & processing of prototype bevel gears for various automotive, commercial, and off-highway applications in a fast paced prototype lab environment.
· Calculate bevel gears, hypoid gear and parallel axis gears, and spline designs for multiple productions systems.
· Review and approve gear product drawings.
· Participate in customer meetings.
· Author technical reports and papers, create and make technical presentations.
· Participate in product design/development review meetings providing input on gears and splines.
· Write engineering work orders, materials and test lab requests and then approve test lab setups and test results.
· Assist production facilities with development, manufacturing, and troubleshooting of gears and splines.
· Review and approve PPAP’s and deviations.
· Participate and assist with PPAP’s and new product launches at domestic and international facilities.
· Benchmarking and performing competitive gear analysis.
· Responsible for assisting in the training and development of Dana personnel.
· Minimum four year degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
· Minimum 15 years engineering experience in the automotive, commercial vehicle, or off-highway industries.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency in various computer systems/programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer applications.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in design and development of bevel gears using design software from both Gleason and Klingelnberg.
· Advanced knowledge in the use, application, and ability to make judgments of all aspects of bevel gear manufacturing.
· Capability using statistical analysis tools such as MiniTab to generate Weibull plots and create S-N curves from test data.
· Must be willing and able to work extra hours as necessary to complete assignments.
· Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Must be able to work in a team environment and have good communication skills.
Go to www.dana.com/careers to apply