With approximately 25,000 employees worldwide and annual sales approaching $4B, Regal Beloit (NYSE: RBC) is a leading manufacturer of electrical and mechanical motion control and power generation products serving markets throughout the world. You will find our products in home furnaces, pumps, elevators, conveyors, x-ray machines, boats, office equipment, power stations and much of the equipment powering our planet.
Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today. We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with ambition and commitment to excellence to continue to drive these results. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference, Regal is the company for you.
We are currently seeking a Gear Manufacturing Engineer in our Milwaukee, WI location.
- Create engineering documents which include gear data summaries and overlays, gear cutting and grinding procedures, manufacturing engineering instructions and process sheets.
- Develop process flows for grinding and hobbing sequences for high-class AGMA quality levels; most of which are carburized and ground.
- Provide and suggest tooling and inspection methods required to ensure the robustness of the manufacturing process in regards to quality, reliability, and consistency.
- Troubleshoots and resolves more complex issues develop the sequence of operations, estimates time requirements for each, and prepares operation and data sheets.
- Maintain and manage hob, cutter and grinding wheel inventories
- Work with cutting tools manufacturers and operations to design most efficient cutting and grinding tools
- Identifies, recommends and implements improvements and modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization to increase efficiency and cost savings.
- Work with manufacturing process teams to properly coordinate workflow, time efficiencies, manufacturing engineering availability and skill level.
- Additional duties may include optimizing gear geometry, designing industrial gearing, gearboxes and gear coupling.
- Provides technical leadership/training and/or coaching to other team members.
- Technical Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering & 5+years equivalent related experience.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of technical principles and theories related to gear design, manufacturing and measurement analysis to include knowledge of specialized processes such as heat treat, nitride, shot-peen and carburizing of carbon steel
- The Candidate must have production experience preferably in high mix low volume machine shop and gear cutting/grinding operations, with a core base of skills to progress innovation and forward to think in an aggressive environment where quality and customer requirements are paramount
- Experienced in many facets of the helical gear manufacturing processes. (i.e. hobbing, gashing & tooth grinding)
- Detail oriented and critical thinking with experience in project management
- Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, highly technical work environment.
- Knowledge of Gear Analysis, Measuring and CAD systems
- Experience editing Excel spreadsheets with gearing formulas and cutting inventory
- Experience in designing industrial gear boxes with KISSsoft or similar gearing analysis software is a big plus.
- Understanding of how gear performance relates to quality and accuracy
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply visit: http://www.regalbeloit.com/who-we-are/careers/