Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
This position will work second shift, hours are 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. This role has a rotating schedule of 4 days on, 4 days off. Overtime as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review furnace load sheet from previous shift to determine current furnace load status and monitor throughout shift.
- Review scheduled shop orders for day’s loads and retrieve necessary materials for processing
- Program and monitor furnace cycles via temperature controllers, adjustments and record readings
- Perform preventative and autonomous maintenance on HT equipment (furnace filters, brinell, quench tanks…)
- Visually inspect materials for flaws and defects.
- Properly calibrate all equipment
- Prepare heat treat furnace, ensure orientation of load and remove shims.
- Load and unload materials into furnaces according to established load sheet instructions keeping in mind product support and furnace uniformity.
- Load and unload material into quench tank according to both established and unestablished guidelines and practices.
- High School Diploma or GED Required or equivalent
- Basic shop math (calculation of quench times based on part sizes, calculate cycle times…)
- Ability to make decisions based on limited information (Ambiguity)
- Must be able to pass written and practical Heat Treat Examination- (12 months)
- Must become a certified hardness tester (use, calibrate and test proper equipment)
- Ability to operate and become certified as a Forklift operator
- Read and properly calibrate equipment
- Crane operator (stacker or gantry), preferred
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment lift evaluation (up to 65-80 lbs.)
- Must be able to pass a head hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource… the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company sponsored life insurance
- Company sponsored events
We are proud to be an EEO employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: