Eaton’s Vehicle Group is hiring a Lead Engineer-Materials and Power Transfer Systems CoE. The Lead Engineer-Materials and Power Transfer Systems CoE will be based from our Galesburg, MI facility.
Eaton’s Vehicle Group, Materials and Power Transfer System Center of Excellence located in Galesburg, MI, has an opening for a Lead Engineer. The incumbent will focus on geared power transfer system design and current product support.
The Lead Engineer will serve primarily as a mechanical gear engineer on items related to design and analysis of new and current product, reliability / warranty analysis, failure analysis, VAVE, Cost-out, supplier technical interactions, change control (design and process risk assessment), manufacturing and testing. The incumbent may be assigned multiple technically challenging projects, across several Vehicle Group product platforms, working with and/or leading cross-functional teams. The incumbent shall be self-directed and independent, performing assignments with minimal guidance, while understanding the business impact of different solutions. The engineer shallprovide leadership, influencing the work group and peers and utilize specialized knowledge to lead and/or support innovation projects and incorporate external trends into relevant projects. Use of EBS approaches to work and process management is expected.
- Embraces and drives the Eaton Business System processes that apply to assigned projects. Reviews and reports on quality metrics and/or test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with managers and peers. Uses the Eaton Leadership Model to drive personal growth and development.
- Provides design and related manufacturing process recommendations to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, product reliability, and/or standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques.
- Participates in the creation, implementation, and administration of vehicle group policies, procedures, and work instructions. Can incorporate processes and process improvements to area of expertise to aide in time to market. Utilizes the engineering Maturity Model concept to drive personal and regional process and knowledge development. Understands design, development, and failure analysis through assigned engineering projects. Applies fundamental engineering practices and decision making for problem solving.
- Applies advanced tools in problem solving and project management to solve technical issues and lead projects. Application of processes such as Design For Six Sigma or Lean Engineering. Uses innovative methods, generates IP and Publications in support of business needs.
- Suggests alternative or novel methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results. Serves as a consultant to others as assigned, providing technical information and engineering recommendations that assist with various projects and training purposes. Point of Contact with Universities with respect to a specific product / technology.
- Maintains understanding of the varied and balanced needs of cost competitiveness, product reliability / robustness, innovation, constraints relating to the global availability of material and manufacturing processes. Local expert in assigned product / process.
- Complies with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Bachelors in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience and/or manufacturing environment experience (Would also consider internships, co-ops, research positions or coursework specific to gears completed while in pursuit of a degree to be considered toward the 2 years’ experience)
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring company sponsorship.
Ability to travel up to 10%
- 5 or more years of engineering experience and/or manufacturing environment experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Specialized knowledge in Gear Design
- Knowledge in gear manufacturing
- Experience with Advance manufacturing technologies
- Certification in Six Sigma – DFSS or DMAIC
- Project management training or PMI certification
Apply to the job through this link: https://jobs.eaton.com/jobs/031603/Lead+Engineer+-+Materials+and+Power+Transfer+Systems+CoE?lang=en-US