10th October 2017
Position: Machine Operator – Lathe
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division / Location: Gear Division 3551 Bleams Road New Hamburg, ON
Shift: Night and Weekend Shift
Purpose: Setup and run production on a CNC Lathe
· Set up and operate CNC lathe
· Knowledge of machining practices
· Be able to read G-code programming
· Maintain a clean and organized work area
· Measure and complete First Off and in process inspections to maintain accuracy
· Any other duties as assigned.
Education required: OSSD
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred: General Machinist or Tool and Die,
CNC program reading, GD & T
Manufacturing environment, physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
· Repetitive Motions
· Lifting up to 20 kg
· Use of lifting devices
Equipment: Daewoo, Mori Seiki, Doosan, CMM
Software: Fanuc and/or Siemens controller
Work Experience Requirements:
· Experience on a CNC lathe and specific knowledge of accepted machining processes with respect to turning.
· Critical thinking skills
· Independent troubleshooting skills
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.