Salary Range: DOE
Location: Dawsonville, Georgia
The Gear Cutter will be responsible for performing setup and machining of gears on various manual gear cutting machines by applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures. Must be able to machine parts from drawings to precise tolerances typically in small batch or 1 off quantities. Successful candidate must be versatile and flexible, perform machine maintenance and lubrication as required. Show a high degree of dedication towards meeting or exceeding expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup gear machines, Hobbing and Shaping, with the ability to run all necessary gear setup calculations
- Cut gears from print or samples to precise tolerances
- Knowledge of Spur, Helical, Worm & Worm Gear, and Double Helical gear types
- Ability to use measuring equipment and processes
- Skilled at reading and understanding drawings
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep work area and machines neat, tidy and in good working condition
- Assist gearbox technicians and machinists when needed
- Reports to work on time each day and dresses according to company policy.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and team informed of all matters pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to resolve problems or barriers and suggest alternative solutions or actions when necessary.
- Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and proficient manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the expected results of the position responsibilities.
- Demonstrates effective project management, communication, and follow-up skills at all times.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required that affect AGW.
Education & Experience
3-5 years of experience is preferred. Technical school training is a plus.
Interested candidates, please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org