5th March 2018
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer/ Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: VP of Quality & Engineering
Location: Columbia Gear
Travel Required: None
Plans, develops, and documents manufacturing processes in industrial plant by performing the following duties.
essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
2. Develop and maintain sequence of operations to produce parts in conformance with product drawings and customer specifications.
3. Specify and/or design tooling required to produce parts. Develop and maintain documentation to include CNC programs and operational drawings to give operators information to complete operation/s.
4. Perform as shop liaison to solve manufacturing problems to maintain production schedules.
5. Identify and implement corrective action to prevent recurring problems and to maintain quality, delivery schedules, and product cost.
6. Identify design of manufacturability features on product designs to maintain lowest product cost.
7. Identify and implement continuous improvements of manufacturing processes to reduce cost and lead-time, and/or improve quality.
8. Develop, comply with, and support ISO-9000, TS-19649, and 6-SIGMA procedures and work instructions to maintain company certifications and compliance with customer requirements.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
3. Customer Service- Responds promptly to customers’ needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
4. Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Keeps commitments.
5. Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands. Develops and implements cost saving measures.
6. Professionalism- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; preferably in mechanical engineering and three to ten years experience. Some educational requirements can be offset by experience in manufacturing, statistics, manufacturing engineering, and/or quality. Requirements can be waived at company discretion.
· Language Skills- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Mathematical Skills- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to read engineering drawing dimensions and geometric dimensions and tolerances.
· Computer Skills- Basic PC skills including spreadsheet and word processing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates can email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Janelle Stocker at 320-356-7301.