Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
Location: The Horsburgh & Scott Co. Reports To: VP of Operations
Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Perform detailed analysis relative to machine capacities, manufacturability of new and existing products, capital equipment planning and financial justification
- Lead and/or participate in activities relevant to Lean Environment. Included are 5 S's, Kaizens, Value Stream Mapping and utilizing Six Sigma practices.
- Establish or revise production standards, work flow methods, layout and setup of equipment and machinery
- Work with design engineering, evaluating new projects to insure all details are complete and the best methods for manufacturing are used.
- Determine and ensure best practices in tooling design and usage
- Determine and ensure best practices in fixture design and usage
- Perform NC and CNC programming functions as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Advanced degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Proven
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong background in Lean Environment.
- 2D/3D CAD experience, preferably with Solidworks
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer , Microsoft office applications and ERP system
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Excellent understanding of machine tool capabilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
Applicants can apply by Emailing: HR@horsburgh-scott.com.