Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Benefits for Employee Owners:
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource… the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Support manufacturing with a disciplined approach to problem solving (including fishbone diagrams, 6s, value stream mapping, job safety analysis, etc.) in program launches, rework and continuous improvement.
- Support and document continuous improvement opportunities to reduce cycle times and reduce scrap and waste.
- Develop financial justifications for capital equipment and process changes.
- Design and carry out time studies, method analysis, and other work measurement activities.
- Provide technical support for the use of CNC Programming and verification
- Serve as a resource, provide expert technical assistance, and deliver on-the-job training to employees owners,
- Meet key performance measures for the assigned process families in the areas of safety, quality, cost, productivity, and timely completion of customer orders.
- Help identify and provide solutions for improving factory through put and balance, limiting production constraints/bottlenecks
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Assist customer Engineers in aligning their part designs to our processes to assure effective manufacturability
- Create/update/maintain routings, work instructions and blueprints to meet customer specifications and quality standards in the most cost efficient manner.
- High degree of problem solving skills for people, processes and equipment
- Estimating/Quoting of customer and internal products
- Fixture & Tool Design
- Work across all three plants/shifts to be able to maintain support for projects/production
- Process Engineering capabilities will be developed and trained with the Manufacturing Engineering role being required to flex into Process Engineering Organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Minimum 3 years of equivalent related experience.
- Proficiency in technical application of Machining and demonstrated knowledge of equipment & processes
- Team player, organized, self-motivated, and capable of independent work
- Effective collaborator with strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and machining techniques
- Project management skills to develop work agreements, project scopes, specifications, schedules, timelines, and definition of deliverables as well as capital acquisition
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or other CAD/CAM software.
- Geometrical Tolerance specification/application proficiency.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate a wide variety of technical issues to Customers, Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, Operations and Suppliers.
- 5+ years of applied experience in a Machining position in a Machining Support Role
- Previous experience in the metals industry.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Visual Factory, Kanban, Kaizen, and Six-Sigma methods.
- Experience with ERP or MRP software as the role will support the Process Engineering Role
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Will be working in an office and production environment
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing, including a hair drug test.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: