Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Benefits for Employee Owners:
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource… the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Short and Long term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Determine form, fit, function and specification of equipment and components to meet manufacturing requirements/needs (presses, mobile equipment, heat treat equipment, machine tools, etc.)
- Research and development for new processes and equipment
- Mechanical layout of systems/components (SolidWorks part & assembly modeling)
- Design and/or select mechanical components for machinery (gearing, shafting, bearings, linkages, frames, cylinders, tools, jigs, fasteners, etc.)
- Determine operating loads of equipment (hand calculations, spreadsheets and measuring systems)
- Size system and components, for safety and reliability, by performing comprehensive stress analysis (hand calculations, spreadsheets, & Finite Element Analysis)
- Material selection for designed components (specifying manufacturing process, mechanical properties, fatigue analysis, weld analysis, creep, etc.)
- Detail all component and assembly drawings for manufacturing (tolerance, fits, dimensional analysis, GD&T, etc.)
- Assist with quoting and procurement of components – put together all necessary documents required for manufacturing/assembly (bill of materials, fastener lists, budgets and costing, ROI, contract review etc.)
- Reverse engineer of existing mechanical components – analyze the mode of failure, accurately measure the component, redesign (if necessary), and create blueprints.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in blueprint reading, tolerances, material selection, and manufacturing processes
- SolidWorks (Solid modeling) for parts, large assemblies, and drawings
- Finite Element Analysis (Structural linear FEA and Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Strong skills in MS office
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing including a hair drug test.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: