5th March 2018
Reports to:VP of Quality & Engineering
Provides material, process and heat treat metallurgical support for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Engineering. Responsible for and represents the Company on metallurgical and heat treat issues. Acts as technical staff resource on all aspects of quality and metallurgy for the company.
essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering and evaluates existing manufacturing processes, develops new metallurgical heat treat processes, evaluates and refines results.
2. Performs failure analysis to identify causes, tests product to validate outside operations and verify vendors certificates.
3. Standardizes and documents heat treat operations, procedures, calibration, training and reporting. Sample evaluations including preparation of test specimens and report documentation. Failure analysis.
4. Establishes a formal documented heat treat audit procedure, evaluate and refine manufacturing processes. Provide technical support for design of new and existing products.
5. Performs vendor evaluation and formal certification. Interfaces with customers to support other departments as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Design work flows and procedures.
2. Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
3. Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs.
4. Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
5. Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
6. Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with business, engineering or quality curriculum; and five to ten years related experience and/or training in Metallurgical Engineering fields. Experience in heat treat, alloy design, welding metallurgy, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection, and failure analysis. Additional experience may offset some of the educational requirement. The company reserves the right to waive or adjust these requirements, based on its needs.
· Language Skills- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills- Basic PC skills including spreadsheet and word processing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates can email their resumes to email@example.com or call Janelle Stocker at 320-356-7301.