Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
Acquired by Rexnord Industries in December 2013, Merit Gear is a customer-focused manufacturer of high quality, custom precision gearing and gearboxes serving the mining, oilfield, wind, transit and other industrial markets. Our technical skills and integrated production capabilities enable us to develop cost effective solutions for the most demanding applications.
To support our continued business and manufacturing initiatives for continuous improvement, Rexnord-Antigo (formerly Merit Gear) is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team. This is a key leadership role in plant operations, reporting to the Plant Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will provide direct oversight for technical and engineering staff to deliver high quality and efficient manufacturing solutions in support of the business. This position is critical to facilitate collaboration with internal partners and effectively support and grow the business.
This position will be located Antigo, WI.
Responsible for RBS implementation to achieve continuous improvement objectives. Co-responsible for overall performance and budget achievement.
This role’s key accountabilities are:
1. As a Functional Manager:
- Oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes that meet customer specifications in the most cost effective manner.
- Manages engineering initiatives based on strategy deployment improvement priorities.
- Monitor and adjust department resources to ensure progress against projectschedules and budgets; allocate resources as required to accomplish goals.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work.
- Perform administrative and oversight functions in approving proposals expenditures, enforcing policies and hiring of engineers.
- Work closely with operations and customers to provide input and guidance on technical issues and negotiate and finalize engineering requirements.
- Interface with sales, quality and manufacturing regarding customer technical requirements and specifications.
- Develop strong personal relationships with internal and external customers, and plays a key role in providing VOC that will influence engineering strategy and priorities.
- Provide leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering Department.
- Work closely with Rexnord’s PT Group to ensure functional direction is consistent with overall company objectives.
- Ensure that the Manufacturing Engineering team and other departments work together cohesively.
- Evaluate customer gear designs or failures.
- Develop detailed assembly and installation drawings of gears and gearboxes and manages projects of overall gear design configuration.
- Perform design calculations and prepare material specifications.
- Make sketches, schematics and CAD drawings to provide information to ensure that customer requirements are being met or improved.
- Responsible for the development and/or acquisition of equipment and tooling required to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Use a variety of engineering skills to assist in problem resolution, including but not limited to; problem solving skills, CAD, statistical methods and assorted computer hardware and software packages.
2. As a driver of Process Improvement:
- Gain understanding of internal processes and procedures, identify and implement opportunities to streamline engineering workflow and increase engineering capacity.
- Work with manufacturing departments to identify and implement productivity and efficiency improvements throughout the manufacturing processes, utilizing RBS tools and concepts.
- Investigate variables that may present process problems and find solutions.
- Make recommendations regarding improved gear design.
- Research and develop new enhancements to meet the needs of specific customer Applications.
- Work closely with the Power Transmission (PT) group to utilize available resources and ‘lessons learned’ to maximize continuous improvement results.
- Devise and execute a methodology for discovering and analyzing new technology development relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantage, and limitations which affect long range plant and gear engineering planning.
3. As a Key Management Member for the Rexnord-Antigo (Merit Gear) Plant:
- Participation in overall plant decision making, policy setting, budget control andstrategy development to effectively meet the long-term goals of the business.
- Along with other management members, shared accountability for BU performance as related to annual and mid-term objectives.
- Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or other relevant 3 technical or related field; MBA preferred.
- 5 – 7 years’ minimum of proven experience in manufacturing facilities.
- 3 years minimum experience supervising and providing direct technical leadership to multicultural engineering team.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Knowledge of the design and manufacture of precision gears and enclosed drives.
- Demonstrated skills and results in continuous improvement of manufacturingprocesses.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills, excellent communication skills.
- Creative thinker; strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Exceptional track record of dealing with and influencing internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills with both internal and external Teams.
- Able to lead the team as well as work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently as well as supporting the collaborative efforts of the business.
- Self-starter, clear thinker, capable of identifying solutions to problems and driving them to prompt resolution.
- Customer Satisfaction mindset
- Must be creative and highly innovative, promotes culture of innovation.
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership skills.
- Builds consensus on strategies and tactics with all stakeholders.
4. As an RBS Leader
- Improve key business metrics of OTD, productivity, and EBITDA by implementing and supporting & leading lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Drive the operation to reduce scrap, improve inventory turns, ensure 95% on-time delivery to customer want date, improve and sustain product availability and reduce manufacturing lead times.
- Promote and facilitate shop floor work flow analysis and creating/implementation of standard work to achieve improvement priorities.
- Coordinate and track the monthly strategy deployment activities and initiatives in support of meeting Business Metrics, Annual Improvement Priorities (AIPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Educate, engage, and empower future leaders by creating and facilitating lean daily management training and development programs.
- Implement Lean processes in accordance with the organization’s Lean Implementation Plan (Standard Work, 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Kaizen and Pull Principles).
- Oversee organizational participation in lean initiatives to achieve RBS metrics.
- Drive associate participation (including process experts) in Lean initiatives. Institutionalize problem solving tools to address and resolve problems.
- Promote GEMBA teaching and leadership skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Please send your resume to Nicole Sullivan, Rexnord, Nicole.Sullivan@rexnord.com