Reports to: Advanced Engineering Manager
Division / Location: Gear Division 3551 Bleams Road, New Hamburg ON
Start Date: July 2017
Purpose: Will participate in the design, development, and manufacturing of gears, transmissions, and other products produced at ODG. Training will be provided
Engineering degree in mechanical, mechatronics, or similar from a recognized university
Interest and aptitude in mechanical systems, machines, and manufacturing processes
Familiarity with CAD software and MS Office
Design and Development
- Create CAD models and drawings for gears, shafts, housings, and other parts manufactured by ODG.
- Perform calculations and analysis of parts using engineering principles and data.
- Performs testing of alternative processes and materials, implement improvements when identified.
- Researches products, materials, and processes to assist in design and manufacturing of ODG products.
- Create and edit BOM and routing entries in ERP.
- Design fixtures and tooling required for production equipment in Autodesk inventor.
- Create and maintain shop floor documentation such as set-up sheets, tool lists, inspection logs, etc.
- Participate in cycle time and set-up time reduction activities.
- Learn and apply methods of gear measurement and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues on the shop floor in conjunction with the quality and production teams. Assist with scrap reduction initiatives.
- Develops cycle time estimates and other necessary information for quoting new products.
- Integrity and Accountability
- Motivation & Empowerment
Interested candidates should apply
directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.