Job Title: Production Planner/Scheduler - 1st shift - starts at $15.00/hour
Department: Speed Reducer Value Stream
Reports To: Senior Materials Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for coordinating and processing finished goods and component orders for Speed Reducer products for both Boston Gear and Bauer Gear Motor brands to ensure a smooth production flow and meeting target lead times and shipments to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and expedite customer orders through production based on customer request date and product lead time, while maintaining on time delivery goals by product family. This includes posting promised delivery dates and status of WIP (work in process) and may require tracking orders or handling special requests.
- Prepare daily and weekly schedule for production requirements from breakdown of customer/production orders.
- Schedule and maintain the Speed Reducer Flow Line work schedule and work centers based on customer demand and available manpower.
- Communicate with production line management and Altra Customer Service regarding status of orders, changes in material availability, and/or staffing resources.
- Coordinate closely with Altra Customer Service, Material Analysts, Buyers, and Production Supervisors to ensure shipment of backorders, expedites, and expresses in a timely manner in order to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize process disruption.
- Maintain, update, and deliver multiple reports to Production Planning, Shipping & Distribution, Quality, and Customer Service to track on time delivery and customer satisfaction, i.e – Express Report, OEM reports, Grainger Exceptions Report.
- Manage all OEM accounts with regards to maintaining on time delivery goals of all submitted Purchase Orders.
- Process nameplates, 2-D labels, production order packets and component prints as required for all speed reducer and/or component production orders.
- Identify and implement lean and continuous improvement principles and techniques to improve efficiency and achieve on time delivery goals. Participate in Kaizen activities to enhance or improve current processes while learning the Kaizen tools such as visual management, one piece flow, and Heijunka.
- Acquire the necessary production product knowledge and skills per the customer service specialist training checklist to effectively perform job duties.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Additional education or training related to Business, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Production Control, or similar is desired.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment producing finished goods is desired.
- Previous experience in an expediting, planning, scheduling, materials management, or similar role is desired.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand basic order and shipping data.
- Proficiency with performing math calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Basic proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications, including using email and Excel as well as accurately enter and search for data. Knowledge of ERP and SAP is preferred. Accurate typing skills of a least 40 wpm is required.
- Demonstrated safety orientation and compliance mindset
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including correct usage of English language and the ability to effectively communicate with Customer Service via email and by phone in a professional manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and multiple priorities. Ability to be highly productive with a strong sense of urgency and orientation to details, accuracy, and excellent outcomes.
- Willingness to be flexible to adapt in order to meet daily customer demand and on time delivery requirements, including performing any task required to meet department objectives.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated pattern of reliability and dependability as related to attendance and work assignments
- Positive “can do” attitude with a demonstrated willingness to listen and learn
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Majority of time is spent in an office environment on the manufacturing floor, and frequent time is spent in a production environment where personal protective safety equipment must be worn and proper safety precautions must be observed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in a typical manufacturing facility which could entail frequent walking and moving around working equipment. Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequent sitting and walking, occasional bending, stooping, and lifting to 20 lbs. Potential sensory demands include, but are not limited to: hearing and seeing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants can visit: www.altramotion.com