14th February 2018
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Description of Job:
· Supervise union employees in a manufacturing environment
· Direct and coordinate production for 1st and/or 2nd shift operation.
· Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
· Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems. Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records. Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
· Experience with production and processing, knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Must have previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing (union) environment.
· Microsoft Office, Lean Six Sigma, ISO 9001:2015 experience would be an advantage.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org