Position: Project Application Engineer
Location: Waunakee, WI
Summary: Be a technical expert for NORD employees and customers on Gearmotor products and applications. Execute projects to improve product accuracy, dissemination of knowledge and assist in product sales effort as required. Focus on key business sectors and large projects.
- Assist sales and customers in proper technical selection and pricing for large projects and special applications in key/target industries and high potential accounts. Upon order, ensure engineered projects are entered into NORD workflow and production system with required features, modifications, etc. (Involvement from quote to commissioning)
- Assist customer service, sales and customers in proper selection, use and maintenance of NORD products.
- Complete additional tasks as required
- Work with US and German resources to engineer products to meet special customer requirements.
- Work with vendors to specify/source special components.
- Work with local and Global management to determine special pricing for projects and international accounts.
- Communicate market demand for design enhancements, product requirements, etc.
- Implement proper control documentation and procedures to assure products are correctly manufactured, assembled, selected and tailored (i.e. modified) for specific applications.
- Provide calculations and create calculation templates for complex/detailed applications. Utilize NORD software to analyze gear life, bearing life, shaft life, failures, etc.
- Prepare or assist in materials for training on NORD. Provide training as required.
- Review/design/calculate complex applications or product modifications.
- Travel with Sales team to assist with technical presentations/discussions.
- Assist with marketing material as needed.
- Customer training, startup assistance and service calls as required when related to projects
- Four year Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree required
- 5+ years of direct experience in Power Transmission market required
- AutoCAD/Inventor experience (or the ability to learn) to review NORD and Customer supplied drawings.
- Familiarity with Inverters/Variable frequency Drives and basic knowledge of industrial motor wiring.
- Work well with customers in a friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in writing and verbally.
- The ability to travel without restriction and work additional hours when workload dictates
Those interested in this position can visit: www.nord.com