2nd February 2018
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Position Summary/ Shift:
Scot Forge Company is looking to Project Crew I at the corporate facility in Spring Grove, IL. . This position is a Flex position, in which the employee will be asked to learn new skills and may be asked to work in various roles, departments, shifts and locations.
This position will work first shift, hours are 5:00 a.m. to3:00 p.m.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform duties to build, repair and maintain a wide variety of complex manufacturing equipment and systems.
· Work from shop order drawings or verbal instructions, repair or modify plant equipment or facility.
· Perform welding, fabrication, pipefitting, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical work as directed.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment such as HVAC, furnaces, quench tanks, cranes or utility systems.
· Assist in project planning and install or relocate equipment or facility systems.
· Install and repair fiber and refractory in furnaces.
· Perform scheduled preventative maintenance activities, check equipment function and operations and recommend or perform required maintenance action.
· Instruct and train less experience workers during projects
· Travel to all plant locations and work in cooperation with various plant personnel to complete projects as required.
· HS diploma/ GED and completion of craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production Welding/ Fabrication maintenance experience.
· Equivalent to 1 to 2 years applied trades training on a particular or specialized occupation, requiring knowledge of Welding, Mechanics or Fabrication.
· 3-5 years’ experience
· Ability to use mathematics together with the analytical use of complicated wiring diagrams
· Experience with various types of precision measuring instruments
· Experience with welding equipment, drills, saw, pneumatic tools, torches, diagnostic furnace controls
· Experience with measuring tools: micrometers, calipers, tape measure
· Basic computer skills
· Forklift experience
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Will be working in a manufacturing environment
Extreme weather in working environment for extended periods of time.
Exposed to radiant heat, fumes, airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals/materials, and high noise levels.
Use of respirator for extended period of time.
Surpass ergonomic working limitations.
Work around large machinery.
Work on ladders or in man lifts or scissor lifts in elevated positions.
Use of fork lifts, grinders, stamping tools, overhead cranes, computer, tool crib machines, and hand tools.
· Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.)
· Must be able to pass a 90 day head hair drug test today.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: