Summary: Plans and implements activities related to the procurement of materials, parts, components, and equipment. Directs the activities of buyers to maximize effectiveness, compliance, and management of the strategic and tactical sourcing functions. Reviews and approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount. Negotiates contracts. Develops policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering, planning and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels, incoming and outgoing material flow, project timing, sample, approval and validation, and vendor approval status. May assist with the establishment and maintenance of the production control system. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and develops new sources of supply
- Keeps informed of new products, manufacturing processes, and price trends.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements and develops measurable supplier delivery performance metrics.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Negotiates requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for inventory management and planning as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for achieving targeted material cost savings.
- Conducts benchmark activities to assess the competitiveness of existing suppliers’ vs our internal sources.
- Reduce purchased material lead-time through active management of supply base.
- Reduce purchase price by identifying lower cost ISO or TS certified suppliers.
- Investigate sourcing of finished goods and complete gear box assemblies.
- Ensure supply contingency plans and strategy are up-to date and easily activated in the event primary suppliers are unable to perform as required.
Supervises all purchasing, planning and material control functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business management or Supply Chain. Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment - specifically gearing, casting, forging and machining.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office; Access and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead and manage team, demonstrated strong strategic thinking, high level of analytical skills.
- Must be financially literate with negotiation skills, export/import awareness.
- APICS or other related purchasing certifications desired
- MRP/ERP System Experience, knowledge of JobBoss Software system a plus.
~10%. Domestic and international as required
Interested candidates should email their current resume to Kelly Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org