2nd February 2018
Scot Forge is a 123 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
The role of the Specification Coordination Quality Engineer is to serve as the organization’s leader as it relates to interpreting customer/industry specifications, aligning functional procedures for compliance, and coordinating internal resources for implementing process improvements to ensure compliance. The resource in this role must have managerial courage to challenge and strengthen processes while demonstrating collaboration skills required to pull resources together and provide sustainable processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitation of Core Specification Compliance: Assures enterprise-wide compliance to the core industry/customer specifications by facilitation of requirements compliance. Using project management skills, He/she will work with internal process owners developing implementation project plans ensuring effective implementation of the process requirements.
· Standardization of Processes: Facilitates between different process owners in multiple locations to maximizes standardization and clarity of practice. By thorough understanding of the business and manufacturing processes, the specification coordinating quality engineering will reduces redundancy in processes and procedures.
· Specification Interpretation: Must read and interpret complex specifications from multiple industries including but not limited to: Military, Nuclear, Aerospace, Oil and Gas, and others. This role will serve as one of the key authority resources as to the interpretation of specifications and be willing to provide written and verbal guidance to regulators, customers, and industry groups.
· Identification of Core Specification: Working with sales and process engineering resources, this role will identify what is and is not a Core Specification. (A Core Specification is defined as a specification that Scot Forge needs to assure verbatim compliance and robust implementation.)
· Communication of Compliance: Develops and maintains tool to help Sales and Process Engineering know level of compliance (Master Compliance List)… Communicates exceptions clearly. All core specs will be maintained in this tool and will provide clear communication if we are compliant and how we are compliant. All exception to the specification will be identified and a standard formal response will be created to provide a standard approach for Sales to the customer.
· Support Customer and Industry Compliance Issues: Responsible for communicating areas of noncompliance and leading the organization in response, customer communication, and corrective actions.
· Accountability: Responsible for evaluation of verbatim compliance for specifications that are within defined scope.
· Sustainability: Responsible for internal audit criteria (content).
· Teamwork: Work in cooperation with all fellow employee owners to sustain a strong team atmosphere.
· Job related improvements: Utilize metrics to evaluate and eliminate waste for implemented processes, including efficiency, accuracy and quality improvements. Support and participate 6’s / Lean activities.
· Code of Conduct: Work and abide by the Scot Forge Quality Code of Conduct and Scot Forge Employee Handbook
· Document Owner: Perform document validation for documents you are assigned to as document owner.
· Required Documented Skills: Illustrate competency of required documented skills. Read and comply with required documented skills. (Ref. CEBOS for required Documented Skills)
· BS in Engineering
· 2-5 years of experience as a quality resource in a high specification environment (Military, Nuclear, Aerospace, FDA, ETC)
· Managerial courage
· Excellent Project Management Skills
· Ability to Effectively Train Others
· Excellent Leadership Skills
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Experience in reading specifications and Technical Documents
· Experience in Structured Problem Solving (8D, A3 or other)
· Experience in heavy manufacturing environment – willing to work in harsh conditions (Winter and Summer)
· Good understanding of lean/sigma tools
· Previous experience in the metals industry and/or metallurgy knowledge.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· A mix of working in the office (mostly behind a desk in front of a computer) and in the shop.
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
· No lifting required
· Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S.
· Must be able to pass a 90 day head hair drug test today.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: