14th February 2018
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports To: Director of Quality
FLSA Status: Exempt
To support external and internal customer satisfaction, this team member is responsible for establishing reliable testing methods for new and current designs, working directly with laborers and using standard AIAG techniques to qualify methods used. As part of our team, this employee supports the achievement of performance targets for various quality management system processes, including Control of Nonconforming Product, Returned Goods Failure Analysis, Control of Inspection Equipment, and Monitoring and Measurement of Product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Establish reliable test methods appropriate to specifications for gearbox assemblies and component parts, standardizing those methods within the quality management system, and providing subject matter expertise for those methods in support of the employee certification program. This effort:
a. Utilizes AIAG MSA methods to demonstrate measurement system adequacy
b. Includes all dimensional metrology methods required by product and process design
c. Involves the use of OpenDMIS software
d. Involves the use of Zeiss Calypso with GearPro
e. Involves the use of LabView based software
f. Includes coordination of the design and implementation of new inspection technology, metrology equipment, functional gages and fixtures as necessary
· Ensure that inspection equipment is adequately controlled.
a. This effort involves the use of GageTrak calibration management software.
· Facilitate AIAG FMEA and APQP methodology for the prototype to production life cycle, incorporating customer requirements into control plans to ensure requirements are met before product ships to customers.
· Support design and assembly personnel in the documentation of warranty failures, including root cause determination. This may include traveling to customer sites to assist Field Service Technicians with containment efforts.
· Facilitate material review board (MRB) meetings to adequately capture, communicate, and track actions required to control nonconforming product. This includes acting as a subject matter expert for the control of nonconforming products process.
· Train, lead, and mentor employees in problem solving of design and manufacturing process failures, performing as a subject matter expert for root cause and corrective action efforts. This includes providing 8D and DMAIC leadership, facilitating improvement efforts necessary to deliver company objectives.
· Support purchasing department personnel with the supplier qualification process by aiding the supply chain with the development of reliable test methods when necessary to improve supplier quality controls.
· Support the Lean Six Sigma program as a Green Belt, at a minimum.
· Conduct internal audits of the quality management system, providing audit leadership and audit team mentoring.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
· Dimensional metrology experience
· Calibration experience
· Manufacturing & assembly process experience
· Quality systems experience, including ISO 9001 & AIAG methodology
· Knowledge of blue print reading, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base)
· Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects
· Must be able to routinely make decisions which effect immediate operations
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills
· Internal auditing experience
· Improvement project management experience
· Bachelor Engineering Degree (Quality / Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Technology)
· Certified Quality Engineer
· SixSigma Green Belt, or higher
· 7 years manufacturing experience
· Dynamometer Laboratory experience
· LabView software experience
· DMIS experience
Please contact email@example.com.