5th April 2018
Location: Fraser, MI
Supreme Gear Company is a leading manufacturer of precision gears and machined components for the aerospace and defense industries and is looking for a Quality Manager that will be responsible for maintaining our effective Quality System which complies with ISO9001/AS9100 and specific customer requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
• Acting as a Management Representative with respect to ISO9001/AS9100
• Ensuring a quality system is maintained in accordance with ISO9001/AS9100 standards.
• Interpreting ISO9001/AS9100 standards and recommending compliance strategies as required.
• Maintaining the Internal Audit Program to assure compliance to documented policies and procedures.
• Managing the Receiving inspection of incoming materials as required to insure conformance to specifications.
• Managing and providing production with the process control requirements including variables to be controlled, type and frequency of check, and the appropriate measurement method to be used.
• Managing the verification of product to required specification prior to release for shipment to the customer.
• Maintaining quality records per written instructions.
• Recording, which include management review minutes, inspection reports, audit reports, and calibration data, etc.
• Measurement Systems Analysis – coordinating gauge R & R studies and interpreting results as required.
• Gauge Calibration – maintaining the gauge calibration system providing calibrated gauges to manufacturing.
• Identifying quality trends as they pertain to customer concerns, rework, scrap, in-spec at final, and on-time delivery.
• Maintaining charts for key quality performance indicators and distribute monthly.
• Reporting on the performance of the quality system to the management team for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
• Completing applicable customer designated requirements for First Article Inspections & PPAP submission including the development and maintenance of Process Flow Charts, PFMEA and Control Plans.
• Establishing and maintaining a supplier quality program to ensure supplied product meets manufacturing needs with a minimum of incoming inspection or later corrective action.
• Coordinating resolution to customer concerns, both internal and external, including the implementation of corrective action to avoid recurrence of problems.
• Leading the management team in the application of Quality concepts, tools, and techniques to improve quality.
• Preparing, evaluating and monitoring support staff on performance evaluations, job descriptions, and on-going training needs.
• Coaching, mentoring, and developing all direct report personnel.
• Administering progressive discipline where needed.
• Implementing of Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Implementing other process improvement initiatives.
• Working with other departments to create standard work processes.
• Participating on Root Cause Identification teams addressing system breakdowns.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in an engineering or quality related field and/or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of four years of management experience in a manufacturing environment or comparable type job.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 Standard
• Knowledge of gears and gear technology.
• Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
US Citizenship Required
Medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacations, and holidays.
Apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Supreme Gear Company
17430 Malyn Blvd.
Fraser MI 48026