Sumitomo Mach. Corp. of America, a rapidly growing, international company in the manufacture of industrial power transmission equipment is seeking a candidate for the position of Regional Applications Engineer - Corona, CA
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The primary areas of responsibility are Project Input and Specifications Management, technical, commercial, and price control and sales / business support, with ultimate goal of providing professional-quality proposals.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Create professional-quality proposals for requested customers project orders / applications.
- Support SMA external and internal customers requiring application assistance relating to SMA products / services.
- Evaluate, identify and resolve technical challenges related to non-recurring Project Orders prior to order entry.
- Author technical papers relating to application expertise; Present the information internally in SMA and externally.
- Maximize SMA revenue & profitability while controlling commercial and technical risk exposure on Project Orders.
- Control, manage and develop all application standards, resources, and information.
- Support PM efforts to help resolve order fulfillment problems and issues relating to technical matters.
- Support Marketing and R&D with technical expertise and verification of technical information.
- Champion assigned application training for internal and external customers.
- Participate in process improvement efforts as necessary.
- Participate in industry and association meetings and represent SMA as an applications expert
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) equivalent experience with at least five (5) years experience in the rotating equipment industry.
- Strong knowledge of Project and Specifications Management, internal gearing product application, and related commercial issues.
- Experience in formal business communication techniques.
- Strong communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities based on analytical / statistical approach.
- Creation, organization and maintenance of Project Order documentation and communications on the front-end of major Project Orders.
- Summarizing Project and Applications through reports and presentations.
Accepting applications until position is filled. To apply, please visit the Sumitomo Machinery Corp. of America Contact Us- Careers page at https://www.sumitomodrive.com/ or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org