Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord Power Transmission (PT) keeps industry moving with a broad portfolio of products including gear drives, bearings, couplings, industrial chain, and a wide range of conveyor components. Rexnord products and services enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, mining, energy, food & beverage. Our expertise and focus on customer service ensures that you have the right solution when you need it.
The individual must be able to execute broad engineering and/or scientific assignments in designated areas of technology including product development, testing and evaluation, manufacturing and process design. An engineer at this level is also responsible for applicable documentation and reports. This individual could be recognized as an expert in the evaluation of typically 1-3 Rexnord divisional product lines as well as select external customer products.
The individual will develop standard work processes for areas of responsibility, including development and documentation of routings and routing templates, working with Shop Floor Associates to identify improvements, and collaborating with the Operations team to utilize best practices. The individual may use existing procedures but is expected to develop new procedures and techniques. They will be recognized as a leader and work with little supervision to perform assigned tasks that may be new or complex in nature. A very high level of evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required and the engineer will have significant latitude for non-reviewed action or decision. The engineer could be responsible for large projects. This position reports to a department manager.
- Develop standard work processes for areas of responsibility, including development and documentation of routings and routing templates, working with Shop Floor Associates to identify improvements, and collaborating with the Operations team to utilize best practices.
- Review and analyze options and create justifications for appropriate capital equipment and associated expenses, and manage implementation of said equipment.
- Participate in and lead as necessary department kaizen, 5S, 3P, and brainstorming events.
- Recommend the best manufacturing method, tolerances, choice of components, or construction to accomplish function and minimize cost.
- Plan and guide personnel in the development of methods and procedures for changing or testing processes, products, or systems.
- Assist Operations to ensure flawless operation of equipment and product by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, calibrating, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories. Assist Operations in operation, calibration, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Perform independent evaluations or validations of equipment by establishing operating conditions, devising performance tests, setting up apparatus, conducting tests, recording and analyzing results, modifying components and making changes needed to improve equipment.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of a design, application or test.
- Compliance with and input to all standard operating procedures used in their area of expertise
- Execute assigned project work and accomplish project goals, including development of project plans, schedule and budget, and appropriate communication. Maintain project and prepare detailed written reports on a project as necessary.
- Communicate progress and problems clearly in written and oral reports as well as organizing and leading project review meetings
- Work individually or as part of a team after self-training or mentoring on a task or standard operating procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or similar field
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in an engineering capacity within a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency using 3D modeling software, SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Significant experience with machining, including equipment selection, process design, and tooling design and selection
- Strong project management skills
- Experience researching, specifying, purchasing, and implementing capital equipment projects
- Demonstrated success in applying Lean manufacturing tools and principles
- Demonstrated success in cost reductions related to process improvements
- Strong computer skills required, including spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Office Suite
- Gear machining or design experience strongly preferred
- Prior leadership experience, i.e. Supervisor, Group or Team Leader
- Six Sigma or Lean Greenbelt Certification
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Communicates thoughts, ideas, information, and messages in an organized and coherent manner. Ideas are well-developed with supporting information and examples.
- Proactively seeks to improve through new ideas or methods, benchmarking
- Leverages best practices, facts and past experience to validate current practices and/or recommend changes or a new practice
- Recognizes the impact of cost and quality on competitiveness, customer satisfaction and profitability
- Utilizes accurate logic and reason to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Manages multiple processes to achieve department goals on time and within budget
- Defines and implements continuous improvement on project plan based on evaluation and feedback
- Able to “zoom out” and understand the system’s behavior in a broad scale and then “zoom back in” to understand the details
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
- Communication & Influence – Intermediate: Effectively and efficiently communicates both verbally and in writing to peers, partners and management. Conveys messages and ideas both verbally and in writing. Effectively impacts organizations, persuades and gains support of others
- Creativity & Innovation – Advanced: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings. Reaches creative solutions by challenging accepted procedure while incorporating best practices
- Critical Thinking – Intermediate: Discerning examination of relevant information or ideas
- Decision Making & Judgment – Advanced: Provides clear direction and resolution to issues and foresight
- Commercial Focus – Foundational: Leverages customer needs, industry trends, and competitive opportunities to drive product development and profitability
- Problem Solving – Advanced: Identification of issues, developing conclusions and providing solutions
- Process Management – Advanced: Define, implement and maintain the sequence of steps necessary to achieve a specific business objective
- Project Management – Advanced: Plans, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific output
- Systems Thinking – Foundational: Thinking that takes a holistic view of complex events or phenomenon, seemingly caused by myriad of isolated, independent, and usually unpredictable factors or forces
Please send resume to email@example.com