23rd April 2018
Location: TBD (requires extensive travel so can be based anywhere)
This position is one of high impact, visibility, and engagement with our customers, our suppliers, and the success of the FLSmidth Procurement organization. Facilitates the manufacture of FLSmidth's proprietary products, directs resolution and corrective action of complex manufacturing issues. Provides technical and manufacturing know-how in developing both existing and new supplier capabilities to meet the unique requirements set forth by FLSmidth and our customers. Engages with Engineering and Procurement concerning manufacturability of existing or new designs to enhance cost, quality, and delivery of final product.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provides product-specific technical and manufacturing know-how for heavy fabrication, machining, and large gear manufacturing to ensure successful contract execution.
· Conducts prefabrication meetings to provide technical guidance to FLSmidth suppliers and inspectors concerning the quality requirements of the purchase order.
· Performs/witnesses/supervises in-process and final inspection and testing at supplier's facilities. Interfaces and coordinates with 3rd party inspection and expediting personnel as required.
· Reviews and evaluates inspection and test reports to verify conformance to applicable construction codes, standards, and specifications.
· Investigates causes of supplier non-conformances. Facilitates the development and execution of effective corrective action plans, lost time recovery plans, and follows up on actions taken.
· Reviews supplier manufacturing process and inspection plans; ensuring that the content of such documents reflects a thorough understanding of FLSmidth requirements before commencement of work.
· Defines and directs product and production improvements with suppliers that provide a competitive advantage or improved operating efficiency to our customer.
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
· Technical Degree (Bachelor equivalent) or the equivalent knowledge gained in Manufacturing, Procurement, Expediting or Quality
· Minimum of 8 years progressive experience beyond degree, 5 or more years of which is direct experience in one or more of the relevant areas
· Previous experience in a machining or fabrication position or in directing manufacturing is preferred
· Understanding of technical specifications, commercial and financial considerations
· Able to work independently to drive resolution of schedule or technical concerns and establish recovery plans if needed
· Experience in getting results through others and development of effective working relationships both internal and external to achieve quality and delivery objectives.
· Willing and able to travel extensively
Please email resume to: