Bourn & Koch is seeking 2 qualified individuals as Technicians
- Should have a good understanding of both electrical and mechanical practices as applied to machine tools.
- Knowledge to include the application and operation of CNC and PLC controls, servo drive systems and feedback devices.
- Responsible for the startup, debug and integration of the machine and control to insure proper operation and after shipment support.
- Works closely with electrical engineering, electrical assembly, mechanical assembly and service in the fulfillment of duties.
- Works to develop creativity and motivation of the department and others.
- Shares in achieving company goals.
- Assists assembly with problems and reports findings and suggestions back to assembly lead persons or Manufacturing Manager.
- Assists with machine runoffs and coordinates with other areas when necessary, i.e., gear lab, calibration and interfaces with customers when needed.
- Assures proper documentation is completed on projects. (Very Important!)
- Insures Bourn & Koch quality standards are being met in area of responsibility.
- Uses electrical knowledge to troubleshoot any wiring errors on machine.
- Computes and enters necessary parameters into control for proper integration of machine and control.
- Debugs interface software and makes edits as necessary.
- Uses mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot/diagnose problems on the machine.
- Assists in setting all machine switches for proper operation. (Limit, float, pressure, etc.)
- Develops necessary program and/or parameters to test all capabilities of machine, including test cut(s) of workplace.
- Supervises machine/control during customer run-off.
- Plans training materials & performs training, both in house and in the field, to the customer on machine operation.
- Insures that updates to all documentation of changes made during debug and returns to Engineering Department.
- Responsible for documenting startup and records all findings.
- Assists with the development of technical documentation as needed for machine manuals. (Operation, programming, maintenance, etc.)
- Assist in providing support for field service department. (Answers customer questions, training, etc.)
- 2 year degree and/or trade school or CNC experience a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 10 – 15% of the time.
- Must have own tools.
1) Troubleshooting (not just testing) Ability and Logical Approach
2) Electrical and Software (preferably CNC) Knowledge and Experience
3) Communications and Customer Relations Ability
4) Fluid Systems and Mechanical Aptitude
5) Whole Picture (Big Picture and Detail) View of Complex Systems
6) Desire to Own a Project and a “Whatever It Takes” Attitude
Please forward resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration.