This course is a pre-recorded, online, on-demand training.
Through generous support from the AGMA Foundation, we have recorded the popularDetailed Gear Design live course for wider availability. Taught by gear expert, Ray Drago, P.E., of Drive Systems Technology, Inc. Students can get the full experience of the course through 15 one-hour segments and supporting training documents. Detailed Gear Design teaches students about gear design and then walks students through carefully crafted “problems” that will demonstrate the practical application of the optimization methods presented in this seminar.
Who Should Take This Course
Gear engineers, gear designers, application engineers, people who are responsible for interpreting gear designs, technicians and managers that want to better understand all aspects of gear design.
The majority of the course material is presented through qualitative descriptions, practical examples, illustrations and demonstrations, which require basic mathematical and engineering skills. However, some familiarity with gear design and application will enhance overall understanding of the material.
Benefits of this Training
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Improve your gear designs
- Better understand gear rating theory and analysis methods
- Investigate differences in stress states among various surface durability failure modes
- Discuss time dependent and time independent failure modes related to tooth design
- Use computer generated graphics to examine mesh action and tooth interaction
- Gain new insight into the concepts presented through illustrations and demonstrations
This course is worth 2.0 CEUs.
- $1095 for member registrant
- $1595 for nonmember registrant
You will have 60 days to complete the course, pass the course assessment, and receive your certificate.