Presenter: (William) Mark McVea Ph.D., P.E.
Download: AGMA Members: AGMA Members: FREE / Non-members $159.00 each
This webinar intends to provide an insight into automotive differential technologies; specifically, the intended function, issues with the common differential types (i.e. open differential), the concept of traction aiding differentials and the difference between passive mechanical and active electronic, and finally an over the design requirements and common manufacturing nuances specific to differential gears.
- Articulate the operational requirements of an automotive differential
- Define and describe the fundamental and governing equation of differential gearing
- Explain the functional differences between open and traction aiding differentials in the context of an enhanced driving experience
- Appreciate the various common threads to the technology and gear design for most of the various forms of passive mechanical
- Understanding the fundamentals of electronically controlled traction control
You will have 30 days to view the archived webinar.