This is webinar focuses on the gear part of the Forensic Analysis of Bearings and Gear course. It helps gear designers gain a better understanding of various types of gears. This is a four-part series where you will learn about properly applying the best gear-bearing combination to any gearbox, simple or complex.
At the end of this series you will be able to:
· Apply their understanding of forensic analysis of gearbox failures in future gearbox designs
· Discuss bearing and gear types
· Explain how bearing selection is influenced by gear type and loading
· Select appropriate bearing types and configurations as influenced by gear type and loading
· Explain how to optimize bearing and gear combinations
· Identify seven material and manufacturing related defects